12 WINES OF CHRISTMAS | AUSSIE PAVLOVA
Festive pairing: James Estate 2016 Reserve Sparkling Rose
preparation time: 20 minutes | cook time: 1 hour | serves: 8 guests
- 4 egg whites extra large
- 125 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup CSR caster sugar
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 300 ml cream
- 2 tbs CSR pure icing sugar
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh
- 1 block milk chocolate shaved *to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper, drawing a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until firm peaks have formed.
- Gradually add sugar a little at a time, until all has been incorporated. Continue beating for 2 minutes once all of the sugar has been added.
- Reduce mixer to slow speed and add cornflour, mixing until just combined. Spoon mixture onto baking paper and spread within the circle.
- Bake for 1½ hours and turn oven off. Leave Pavlova to cool in the oven. Keep in a sealed container once cooled prior to decorating and serving.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream and icing sugar in a medium bowl until firm peaks form. Spoon cream onto the top of Pavlova.
- Decorate Pavlova with Berries and shaved Chocolate.
YOUR CHRISTMAS EXCLUSIVE OFFER | 2016 Reserve Sparkling Rose
6 pack for $153.60 (normally $192.00)
Enter the code CHRISTMAS at the checkout
Christmas special offer valid online until 24th December 2021