12 WINES OF CHRISTMAS | CHRISTMAS ROAST BEEF
Festive pairing: James Estate 2017 Reserve The Marque
serves: 6 guests
- about 1.2 kg tender roast beef (can be tenderloin, flat beef or tenderloin)
- oil for frying
- a couple of garlic cloves, peeled but otherwise whole
- a sprig or two of fresh rosemary
- a good blob of butter
- Oven temp 150C
- Unpack the meat, dry it lightly with paper towels and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Heat a frying pan or large saucepan (I prefer a saucepan) until hot. Put in a little oil and brown the meat well on all sides. Turn off the heat and put in a good blob with the butter, garlic and rosemary sprig.
- Put the meat in an ovenproof dish and pour the butter, garlic and rosemary over the meat. Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the meat and place in a preheated oven.
- Take the meat out when the thermometer shows between 55 -60C – then the meat is pink. Let the meat rest, preferably for half an hour. The internal temperature of the meat will rise slightly during rest.
- Cut the meat into slices together with broth, au gratin potatoes and green beans.
CHRISTMAS EXCLUSIVE OFFER | 2017 Reserve The Marque
6 pack for $192.00 (normally $240.00)
Enter the code CHRISTMAS at the checkout
Christmas special offer valid online until 24th December 2021