SERVE WITH A CHILLED GLASS OF 2019 JAMES ESTATE SEMILLON & ENJOY!
BARRAMUNDI WITH TOMATO & BABY SPINACH SALAD
- 150g baby spinach
- 50g bacon, chopped
- 15 basil leaves
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 20ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 x 200g barramundi fillets
- Finely shred spinach.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Fry speck until crisp, remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and fry basil leaves until crisp. Remove from pan.
- Combine spinach, speck, tomatoes and pine nuts in a bowl. Whisk olive oil with balsamic vinegar and season. Pour dressing over salad and mix.
- Heat pan to medium high, brush fish fillets with a little oil, fry skin side down to crispen for about 2 mins. Carefully turn fish and cook for a further 2 mins until golden and cooked through. Cover, keep warm.
- Arrange salad on plate and top with fish. Garnish with basil leaves.