SERVE WITH A CHILLED GLASS OF 2019 JAMES ESTATE ROSÉ & ENJOY!
PORK CUTLETS WITH APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW
- 4 (about 160g each) pork cutlets, french trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 2 small pink lady apples, cored, quartered, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 small (about 300g) green cabbage, hard core removed, finely shredded
- 65g (1/4 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 75g (1/4 cup) light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 40g (1/4 cup) salted baby capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Season both sides of the pork with pepper. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the pork and cook for 5-6 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the apple & cabbage slaw, combine the apple, cabbage, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, capers and mustard in a large bowl.
- Divide the pork and apple & cabbage slaw among serving plates. Serve with the steamed green beans.