Massimo Mele’s pappardelle with Prawns, pairs perfectly with our Estate Verdelho19, both are light and fresh 🍷
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 cups (360g) frozen peas
300g pappardelle pasta
1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
40g unsalted butter
20 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
Mint leaves, to serve
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add 2 cups (240g) peas and cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer the pea mixture to a food processor and whiz to a coarse puree. Season, then set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente, then drain, reserving 1/3 cup (80ml) cooking water. Stir cooking water through pea puree.
- Toss pasta, parmesan and remaining 2 tbs oil in a large bowl until combined.
- Melt the butter in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes on one side, then turn and add the remaining 1 cup (120g) peas to the pan. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until prawns are just cooked and peas tender.
- Divide the pea puree among bowls, top with pasta then prawns and peas. Garnish with mint to serve.