As we head into the cooler weather, this hearty slow cooked Red Wine Casserole is just what you need. Pairs perfectly with our Estate Shiraz 🍷. . . . . .
- 1 kg chuck beef steak, cut into pieces
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 onion diced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 capsicum diced
- 500 g green beans cut into pieces
- 1 cup of James Estate Shiraz
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch seasoning *to taste
- Cut steak into 2.5 cm cubes. Coat beef cubes in plain flour.
- Heat fry pan and add oil. Brown beef.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.