What better way to enjoy a mouth watering Thai Curry than to pair it with a chilled glass of 2019 James Estate Verdelho. Enjoy!
THAI RED FISH CURRY WITH NOODLES
• 200g Pad Thai rice noodles
• 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
• 600g firm boneless white fish fillets (such as ling), cut into 2cm thick slices
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped, dark and pale parts separated
• 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots chopped
• 1/4 cup (60ml) Thai red curry paste
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 150g sugar snap peas
• 2/3 cup (165ml) coconut cream
• 1/2 cup (75g) chopped peanuts
• Bean sprouts and lime wedges, to serve
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until soft, then drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat and season the fish. Stir-fry half the fish for 2 minutes or until slightly golden, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with another 1 tbs oil and remaining fish.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan, then and add the garlic, white spring onion and coriander root. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant, then add the fish sauce, sugar snap peas, 1/4 cup (60ml) water and cook for a further 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Return the fish to the wok with coconut cream and remaining spring onion, then toss to combine and warm through.
- Divide the noodles among 4 bowls and top with the fish curry. Garnish with coriander leaves, peanuts, bean sprouts and lime wedges.
2019 JAMES ESTATE WATERMELON FROSÉ
1/4 watermelon, peeled, chopped, frozen overnight
1 1/2 cups (375ml) vodka
750ml bottle chilled 2019 James Estate Rosé
2 cups (500ml) chilled lemonade
Vanilla ice cream and crumbled freeze-dried raspberries, to serve
Whiz watermelon, vodka and 2019 James Estate Rosé in a blender until smooth and a slushie-consistency.
Divide among glasses and top with lemonade, a scoop of ice cream and freeze-dried raspberry.
SERVE IMMEDIATELY WITH AN ANTIPASTO PLATTER & ENJOY!